17 October 2007

Pot meets Kettle
















I love the smell of hypocrisy in the morning!


The guy who directed Jack, Captain EO, and a Dracula
movie starring Keanu Reeves is disappointed with the
career choices some of his peers have made recently.

I met both Pacino and DeNiro when they were
really on the come," Coppola tells GQ's
Nate Penn. "They were young and insecure.
Now Pacino is very rich, maybe because he
never spends any money; he just puts it in
his mattress. DeNiro was deeply inspired by
(Coppola's studio American) Zoetrope and
created an empire and is wealthy and powerful.

Nicholson was -- when I met him and worked
with him -- he was always kind of a joker.
He's got a little bit of a mean streak. He's
intelligent, always wired in with the big
guys and the big bosses of the studios.

I don't know what any of them want anymore.
I don't know that they want the same things.
Pacino always wanted to do theater... (He)
will say, 'Oh, I was raised next to a furnace
in New York, and I'm never going to go to
L.A.,' but they all live off the fat of the land.

[...]

I think if there was a role that DeNiro was
hungry for, he would come after it. I don't
think Jack would. Jack has money and influence
and girls, and I think he's a little bit like
(Marlon) Brando, except Brando went through
some tough times. I guess they don't want to
do it anymore.

The horror... the horror.