28 November 2005

What is it now, Pilgrim... your conscience?



The truth is -- I broke the law, concealed my
conduct, and disgraced my high office. I know
that I will forfeit my freedom, my reputation,
my worldly possessions, and most importantly,
the trust of my friends and family.

Some time ago, I asked my lawyers to inform
the U.S. Attorney Carol Lam that I would like to
plead guilty and begin serving a prison term.
Today is the culmination of that process. I will
continue to cooperate with the government’s
ongoing investigation to the best of my ability.

- Rep. Randy “Duke” Cunningham (R-CA)



As the Duke rides off into the sunset -- or a prison cell,
take a moment to test your knowledge of current events.

Can you match the following elected officials with their
corresponding scandals?


1. Sen. Bill Frist (R-Tennessee)
2. Rep. Tom Delay (R-Texas)
3. Gov. Bob Taft (R-Ohio)
4. Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger (R-California)


A. Convicted, four first-degree misdemeanors, misuse of
state funds/ethics violations.

B. Subject of ethics probe for accepting salary from two
men’s fitness magazines while in office.

C. Subject of Securities and Exchange Commission
investigation for insider trading.

D. Indicted, one count of criminal conspiracy, two counts
of money laundering.



Check your answers with this handy scorecard.

Email your results to TCS and a random winner
will receive a new car!*

(Special thanks to salon and Wayne Madsen Report)


this is an audio post - click to play

* Not really random. Actual prize may vary.